Sunday, January 18, 2009

A quick detour from 'to-be-continued' post.
Just landed in Delhi. Fog with near-zero visibility. A slight chill in the air. But good enough to make you want to go to Humayun's Tomb for a walk and not reach out for your quilt. Nice enough to make you feel like shirking work and hopping on to a 'Delhi darshan' bus and hop-stop at all those places you've wanted to see but never got around to.
Before I change my mind (which is as far away in time as the next traffic jam on the roads of Delhi) , I love this city. With a lot of conditions, of course (as is the case with everything with me, no?) Delhi in winter. Delhi sans its pseudo-inhabitants. Delhi of Siri Fort and Kamani auditorium. Delhi of Indian Habitat and Pandara Market. Delhi of un-crowded Chandni Chowk and Parantha-wali gali.(Oxymoron, says you. Perspective, says me). Delhi of Lajpat Nagar and Sarojini Nagar. And my most favorite, Delhi of H-Block Market, Sarita Vihar. A Barista. A game of Scrabble. A piping hot, Hot Chocolate and a bunch of friends. I love Delhi.
PS: Let me share with you the just-discovered joy of having a data-card (antique for IT superkids; latest discovery for ancient moi). I am writing this en route to destination of Annual Ritual of Slaughter (read: Annual Goals & Plan meeting with boss), while in the cab. I'm loving it. Only time will tell how much I'll put it to use, though. Ta da.

5 comments:

Anuradha Sridhar said...

For how long are you here? Any chance that I get to see you?

Quirky Quill said...

Pseudo Inhabitant? really then...ahem. wait till 2 8-km running, hence super strong Delhi-ite girls catch hold of you and tickle you right. :)
I liked this post coz you reminded me of home. But Sarita Vihar? really? you mean people stay there? ;) hehe..had to be a lil Dalhi-wali no?

Unknown said...

Actually thought u meant M-Block market (GK I, for the uninitiated) and had written H by mistake...how LS :-p... Man I do miss Delhi :-(
Keep writing Sheen. Nice to read your posts!

Unknown said...

You know what QQ (btw, your initials remind me of a character from Bunty & Babli - Q Q Qureshi - ask Shisul about him) - Sarita Vihar is THE BEST place to stay in Delhi. Its the real Delhi, unlike wannabe areas like Green Park, Andrews Ganj and the likes. So, chillax, and be proud of your Dahli roots!

Kanika Ajmera said...

confusing!